Austin ISD Off Campus Physical Education (OCPE) WAIVER Program offers PE Credit during the spring semester for playing Ultimate
AISD Ultimate players in grades 7 – 12 may register for OCPE if they wish to substitute after school Ultimate for their PE Credit during the spring semester.
The course is open to all boys and girls in 7-12 grades who gain individual approval; and meets three times a week for the spring semester each year.
Ultimate Students, Physical Education Teachers, and Teacher candidates from University of Texas have come together to develop a curriculum of Ultimate Frisbee that meets the State (Texas Education Agency) requirements for secondary physical education.
In 2008, our curriculum was developed with the support of the Ultimate Players Association through an Innovation Grant, earned by a team captain at LASA.
- Texas, Ultimate! will serve AISD as the approved agency, offering instruction in the sport of Ultimate and Spirit of the Game.
- Through regular participation, players will become more fit by demonstrating 90% attendance during the Spring Semester (only) in cooperation with the University of Texas.
- Students may take the course 3 spring semesters throughout their High School Career, earning a total of 1 1/2 credits.
- To meet the deadline for the Spring semester, potential students can apply for OCPE with their school counselor prior to the completion of the Fall Semester.
- Applications will be received in the counselors office after November 17th.
- FINAL deadline foe COMPLETED waivers, submitted to the AISD OCPE office, is MIDNIGHT on the first day of the spring semester.
- All Students are expected to attend a three weekly meetings. or host a work-out three times a week on your campus.
- We will meet at the Zilker Elementary School on Wednesday Afternoons from 4:15 pm – 6:00 pm;
- We will meet at Barton Hills Elementary School on Thursday afternoons from 4:15 pm to 6:00 pm;
- We will meet Friday Afternoons at Fulmore Middle School at 3:45.
- SUNDAY afternoon is a required meeting for students from all campuses. We will meet from 2:00-4:00pm on and AISD Field (Travis High or Austin High).
We fill our coaching, teaching and sponsor positions with volunteers. We maintain this Agreement with the school district to provide instruction on AISD campuses.
All Coaches must:
- be at least 18 years of age,
- pass an AISD (FBI fingerprinted) background check.
- or, be a certified AISD employee
- hold a current CPR certification,
- attend a three-hour training session.
Coaches credentials must be filed with the AISD no later than the last day of classes during the fall semester.
THIS SEMESTER’S TRAINING SESSION WILL BE HELD on Columbus DAY, a school holiday. Please, complete the Volunteer Application Form
Please, let us know if you will attend training from 9:30 -2:30pm on Columbus Day. The training session will be held at Austin High.