A Benefit for Alzheimer’s Disease
presented by the Ultimate Spirit Organization
as a community service project
Saturday, June 9 , 2018 – from 7pm to 10pm.
Please consider making a Tax Deductible donation to support on-going studies. Formed in 1980, the Alzheimer’s Organization advances research to end Alzheimer’s and dementia while enhancing care for those living with the disease. Please, donate in the name of MARIE VITALE JEFFREY, my dear high school friend who has perished from the disease.
- Players must register in pairs, with the age difference being at least 2 decades.
- Partnerships will team with another to participate in a three-game, round robin format.
- Different color glow sticks will be assigned to teams of four; and, we will play with a light up disc!
- Registration, team assignments, and group (instructional) warm-up will take place at 7pm.
- No play experience is necessary. Competition begins at 8pm.
Here is a flyer with information to use as invitation for friends and family. Please bring this completed waiver to the event on Friday.
There is no cost for this event. Donations will be solicited from local businesses by players in our Ultimate Club. Plan to spend the evening in SOCO, supporting local restaurants and venues, including:
Tentative Schedule for the
Night to Remember
- 7pm- 7:20pm Registration and Team assignments
- 7:20- 7:40pm Spirit Circle. (at this time we will introduce participants who may share stories of how this terrible disease has touched our lives)
- 7:40- 8:10 pm Group Warm-up and Instruction for new players. 8:14pm SUNSET
- 8:15 – 8:25 Field assignments and Glow Stick Application
- 8:30 – 8:55 Game #1
- 9:00-9:25 Game #2
- 9:30 – 9:55 Game #3
- Final Spirit Circle and Closure
In honor of Ultimate player and dear friend Marie, we will play to become aware of this terrible disease, raising funds to benefit the research of Alzheimer’s Organization. Local Establishments will make donations from their proceeded for the Evening, so check out our sponsors and support those establishments who are participating this year.
Marie Jeffrey Vitale, of Lititz, PA, passed away peacefully into Eternal Life on Tuesday, March 26, 2013. Marie’s Obituary
Marie, diagnosed in her early 40’s, participated in a research study at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. To learn more about this terrible disease and her personal struggle, view this you tube video in two parts: