THE FABULOUS FIVES TOURNAMENT
TWICE A YEAR, we host a tournament day….
The annual Fall Tournament is held a Saturday in early December; and The annual Spring Tournament Day is usually on the Saturday following AISD Spring Break (late March).
Our weekly instructional program of fitness and social development culminates with a ALL DAY Ultimate Tournament on a Saturday. This event is self-regulated and controlled by the players.
Both boys and girls are invited to build rosters, mixed or single gender teams will be accepted, representing school or community. This ALL DAY Ultimate Tournament allows each player to experience an opportunity to play on a five-person self-regulated Ultimate team. Clubs and schools are encouraged to develop rosters of five players of both boys and girls.
Each player will receive an Ultimate Disc, a Team Jersey, healthy snacks, a nutritious lunch and a FULL day of UltimateSpirit!
Players may register as individuals if they do not have a group of five to play with. Each player MUST complete a Player Registration which requires a parent/guardian signature.
Players aged 9 – 16 are invited to participate on rosters of five, and only five players; spend five hours, playing five games in the following divisions:
- sixth grade
- middle school
- high school
- CLUB TEAMS
More than one team from each school or club may be rostered from into the tournament. Although schools may enter more than one team from their club or school into the tournament, players MAY NOT change rosters during the day of play.
Teams compete in their own age groups all day. The first 3 games will be pool play, to seed teams. After lunch break, we will host Championship play (Semi-final and Finals). Games will be played to a specific number of points, based on age.
- elementary—games to 5 points
- sixth grade—games to 6 points
- middle school—games to 7 points
- high school and Club teams—games to 9 points
- Only the High School and Club divisions will take a 2 min. half time.
Each team of FIVE will play FIVE games over FIVE hours, FABULOUS!
Schedule for the Day
9am Players will gather, registrations accepted
9:30am Warm-up Activities
10:15am Pool and Field Assignments
10:30am Game No. 1
11:00am Game No. 2
11:30am Game No. 3
Noon Lunch Break (Assign Teams to the Championship Round)
12:15pm AWARDS and Team Pictures
1:00pm Championship Games
- Each team will play FIVE games.
- Teams will have rosters of FIVE players, but Club teams will play SAVAGE (with only four players on a roster).
- Four will play on the field at a time.
- Subbing will follow regular Ultimate rules, at the end of a point.
- Team captains will flip for possession or position.
- HS and Club teams will also flip for light or dark jerseys.
- There will be no halftime, except in HS and CLUB games.
- Games will be played on fields that are 40 yards x 30 yards with 10 yard endzones.
High School Players, please bring a white shirt, and wear your school colors as a dark shirt. Club and HS teams of FIVE players will be registered for only $50 each ($10 per player). Players on HS and Club Teams will not be provided with a jersey or disc. However, jerseys and discs will be available for individual purchase.