We are working to take an active role in organizing and conducting Ultimate events that develop personal responsibility and integrity among the youth of Texas. As we strive to meet this goal, Texas, Ultimate! commits to:
- Deliver instruction regarding skills, etiquette, and strategy while actively encouraging new players.
- Provide certified training to captains, coaches, sponsors, and peer mentors
- Invest players with pride and responsibility for the success of Ultimate in our communities across the Lone Star State.
We host staff training sessions two times each year– Columbus Day in the fall semester, and MLK Day in the Spring semester. Every applicant should report to the session with a completed Application and be willing to consent to a criminal background check. Upon assignment of a position inner program, Coaches and Mentors will sign a contract which outlines program responsibility and time commitment.
- Peer Mentors must be at least 11 years of age, and must also complete the Coaches Application. Please attach a schedule of your availability for summer employment June-August. Mentors will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- All Coaches must be at least 18 years of age , and are required to attend a three hour training session and complete a Coaches Application.
- ALL Coaches on AISD campuses and in Austin Parks and Recreation Centers must complete a background check.
- Texas, Ultimate! will reimburse coaches and mentors the cost of the background check, should we employ your services.
- Coaches who are 21 years of age on AISD Campuses are required to hold current CPR certification. We utilize a group of off-duty firefighters to earn CPR certifications.
- Here is list of available course times and locations and a link to the details of registration through CPR Resources.
- Texas, Ultimate! will reimburse coaches for CPR training upon filing the certification record with AISD.
We host a STATE WIDE annual Event in College Station for Middle School and High School Teams/Clubs. Registration for that event is on our LONE STAR STATE page.
- Volunteer Captains are high school students from school clubs; and are invited to help lead and organize. Our organization is able to provide community service hours to those who volunteer which directly apply to graduation requirements in Texas High Schools. UltimateSpirit Team Captains and coaches should also complete a Coaches Application.